I thought today would be a good time to talk about some of the hair products that I use because I get questions about it all the time! My hair has changed drastically over the years! I have been using color on it since I was in middle school. I used to have super curly hair that I would straighten ALL THE TIME! I have done Brazilian blowouts, keratin treatments, and Japanese straighteners. I have lightened, darkened, and totally fried my hair in the process using boxed color! YIKES! I have done extensions (loved them but can’t afford the upkeep), and one thing I have learned in the process of all of this is how important hair care is! Using the right products and giving your hair time away from heat is super important. I try to go every 2-3 days without washing my hair, and I use a silk pillowcase at night which I have found to be super helpful for my hair as well. Before I give you the list of products/tools I use on my hair. I want y’all to know that my hair is extremely frizzy, dry, and tangles easily. I am loving the products I am using, but am not expert when it comes to hair care. I am sure there are other products out there that I would benefit from and that is why I love blogging and interacting with y’all because there is so much we can learn from one another!
Here are my hair care essentials:
- Bumble & Bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil: This product is a heat protectant as well as a conditioner. It helps with my tangles and leave my hair feeling soft. You can actually use this on wet or dry hair which is great! This is the first thing I put in my hair when I get out of the shower.
- dpHue Color Fresh Oil Therapy Hair Oil: This oil has a blend of argan oil, liquid shea butter and vitamins A and E to help increase hair’s elasticity and restore shine, prevent breakage and reduce damage and improve hair growth. It keeps your hair color looking fresh between salon visits.
- Bumble & Bumble Repair Blow Dry Cream: helps seal split ends and protect against breakage. It makes my hair damaged hair look healthy and shiny!
- Grey SinglePass 1 Inch Luxe Styling Iron: This tool is new for me! I just purchased it the other day at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. It has done a wonderful job straightening my hair, but it also is suppose to curl and wave your hair as well. I will definitely have to try that soon and let y’all know how it works!
- Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer & Volumizer Hot Air Brush: I absolutely love this thing!! It smooths and blows my hair dry all at the same time! It also gives me good volume and has cut down the amount of time I spend on my hair in half! One thing about this magical tool that you do need to be aware of is that is gets HOT! Make sure you are using some type of heat protectant on your hair before using it!
- Opalex Hair Perfecter No. 3: This is an at home hair repairing treatment. I try to use this at least once a week. It helps to repair damaged hair, and I really see quite the difference when I use this product more consistently!
I hope you enjoyed my hair essentials!